Sunday, March 1, 2009

Four More Days

(S) is getting real excited. DW and I are getting excited as well. In four days we leave for our road trip. Thursday is the day we start. We will leave right after lunch and have dinner in Vernon, CT at a deli called Reins. We stop there any time we drive by. We really like it and would recommend it if you are in the area. We will finish the day in Waterbury where we will spend the night.

Friday am we leave for Hershey and will visit Chocolatetown. (S) can't wait to learn about how chocolate is made. As I have mentioned before, when she first came to us and we asked her brother what she liked to eat the answer was "pizza and chocolate". This will be a big event. We will spend the night in Harrisburg.

Saturday morning we leave for Cleveland, OH and will visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. That is for DW and me. I don't know if there is anything for (S) there, but she does like music and singing so she may get something out of it. We will spend the night in Cleveland.

Sunday morning we head out for Indianapolis. We are going to a Holiday Inn there that has an indoor water park. (S) is going to LOVE that. We will spend the day there and stay the night as well.

Monday am we will leave for Nashville. DW and I have never been there and are looking forward to it. We are not big country music fans, but it really doesn't matter. We are going to spend the night there and also do the tourist thing on Tuesday am. After lunch we will head to Birmingham, AL.

Our son (B) lives in Birmingham and we are going to stay there and visit with him until Saturday morning. Then we will leave for Little Rock. We are going to stop in Memphis along the way and see Graceland. Then Sunday we plan on arriving in OKC where we will spend the next 10 days. (Actually during the weekend we are there we are going to go to Dallas and meet my sister. She lives in Houston so this is a good opportunity to see her and my brother in law.)

It is going to be a wonderful trip and you can look forward to this blog turning into somewhat of a travel log. Of course we will have plenty to speak about regarding (S) as well. The SW is hoping this trip will help us make a determination to adopt (S). I am hoping it doesn't. We absolutely adore her and quite frankly can't remember what life was like before her, nor can I imagine what life will be like without her, but adoption is a big step neither DW nor I are willing to take at this point.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! I know all 3 of you will have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know all about Hershey, I am dying to go there with my fam!!

    ReplyDelete