Sunday, March 29, 2009

Another %^*&($ giving foster parents a bad name

*

This is the headline from Milwaukee channel 4 news:

Suspected Pedophile Was A Foster Parent

It seems like every time we turn around, there is another similar story. It is always the few that give the rest a bad name. This is exactly why foster parents get more scowls then the biological parents who are unable to take care of their own children. I have only been involved in foster care for a little over a year, but I have met nothing but wonderful people involved in foster care. Why do we have such a difficult time getting this word out? I know the answer. A headline like "foster parent does a wonderful thing" doesn't sell as many papers or get the ratings that the above headline does. I know there is a commentary on our society in general related to that, but I just want to get some good news out there. I am going to try to do that at least a couple of times a week. Hopefully it will help.

Anyway, if you want, the article by Shelley Walcott can be found at:
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/42034447.html

No comments:

Post a Comment