Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Trip is Looking Good......but not yet definite

....

(S)'s caseworker did not show up today due to the snow storm. She did call however. The bad news is that the supervisor still won't change her mind. The good news is that me, the caseworker, and the GAL are all going to get to talk to the judge on Monday and they both are going to ask the judge to approve it. The caseworker is going to stop by tomorrow. She has to come and visit once a month and has not been here yet for January, so she is kind of under the gun with only 2 days left. I won't be here, but DW will and of course (S) will be here. We could still be shovelling outthough. we are supposed to get up to 18 inches of snow overnight. (S) is excited for an even bigger hill.........anyway....

Apparently bio-dad was picketting the Mystery Mansion last week. His sign was specifically addressed to the caseworker. She doesn't even know if the judge is going to be allowing any visits at all. I suspect Bio-mom and dad will be there with their lawyers. I am not sure what I should say to them if they talk to me. They have to know that I have a good idea of what has been going on. I don't know what they or their lawyers can possibly say that would convince the judge to do anything but continue along with the TPR process. Between the jail event and the two hospital events for dad and the general health of bio-mom, these people are in no position to be parenting 5 children. They can't even take care of themselves. I have never run across people like them before. Since (S) is our first foster child I don't know if this is normal or not. I mean for foster children, not your run of the mill child who has a loving family.

Well if nothing else court should be very interesting on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment