Tuesday, January 27, 2009

METEOROLOGY, MELATONIN AND MOM

--
Just some disjointed ramblings tonight.....

(S) went to daycare for the first time in over a week today. She has been feeling better and was very happy to see her friends there. Tomorrow her caseworker comes for the monthly visit. We are hoping to get more information about what is going on with mom and dad, and our proposed trip.

We are supposed to get 12-18 inches of snow tomorrow. I hope it comes late enough that the caseworker still shows up. (S) will love it. The pile in the frost yard is already about 10 feet tall and perfect for a 3 year old to go sledding on. With another good storm, it can only get better.

I gave (S) a bath tonight. She loves that. What she doesn't like is sleeping in her bed. She comes into our room every night. She says her room is scary and that her mother comes there and yells. It wasn't always this way, it just started in September. It is driving us crazy. Last night I tried everything to get her into her own bed and after I was done doing that, the next thing Iknew DW came in and told me my alarm had gone off and I was in (S) bed alone. She was back in our room.

The plan now is to let her stay in our room if she wants, but we are not going to let her climb into our bed and we are not going to make her a bed on the floor. If she wants to saty in our room she will have to take care of herself.We are hoping that she will find herself uncomfortable enough to return to her own bedroom. We have also been trying some herb that the pediatrician and case worker suggested we try. It is called Melatonin. I don't know if it will do any good but we are at the point where we would try just about anything.

Well it is time for American Idol so I will see you all tomorrow and fill you in on what happened.

1 comment:

  1. We always had sleeping issues with our kids. It was our fault since co-slept when they were babies. They would all play musical beds, and we would be so tired that it didn't matter as long as they were sleeping. Now the only problem is our 8 yr old--yes 8! I find him snuggled in next to me every morning!!! I think he comes in around 3am or so. Good luck, our oldest was 12 before he stopped sneaking into our bed!!! I'm embarressed now!

    ReplyDelete