Monday, February 23, 2009

SNOW BEACH

We got about 18 inches of snow last night. We have a guy who comes to the house to plow the driveway and he showed up about 6:00am. That allowed me to get out and go to work. When I got home I needed to take out the snowblower and clean up the yard from what was left and get the walks as well as the mailbox.

(S) wanted to come out with me while I cleaned up the driveway. She got her little shovel and "helped" for a few minutes and then was off doing her own thing. I didn't pay much attention to her. She couldn't get anywhere without going past me so I just continued to blow snow.

At one point I turned around and there was (S). She had gotten out her beach chair and was sitting in the entrance to the garage. On one side of her was a cooler and on the other side she had made a table out of a gardening box. She had her arms crossed in front of her chest, and was watching me work while she relaxed at the beach. It was really adorable. DW got some pictures but I haven't seen them yet. If possible, I will try to put some up tomorrow.

The important thing is this isn't something that happens every once in a while. Almost every day we get a good laugh or have some other light moment because of (S). This is what makes being a foster parent so much fun. I can't remember what life was like before (S) came to us in December of 2007 and I can't imagine what life will be like after she leaves. Although I know it will be a lot duller.

No comments:

Post a Comment