Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Fun Day



*

Yesterday, we took (S) up Mount Washington. It is here in New Hampshire in the White Mountains, and is the highest peak in the Northeastern United States.


We had gone swimming the day before, so needless to say we were a little surprised to find plenty of snow on top of the mountain.


When I told (S) we were going to go up the highest mountain in all of the northeast, she said "Oh, I don't think I could do that daddy, I would get too tired" I explained we were going to go up the "Auto Road" and so she was better with that. That was not the only thing we did yesterday though.
About 20 miles down the road from Mount Washington in the town of Glen, New Hampshire is an amusement park called StoryLand. It is great for little children, and certainly (S) had a blast there. They even had their own Cinderella and castle so we had to "hobnob" with the Princess and get her autograph. We even got to take a "pumpkin" carriage up to her castle.
All in all it was a great day. We had dinner in a small town called Moultenborough and we were home about 14 hours after we left. Yes, it was a long day too. (S) is already talking about the next time we go to StoryLand. It certainly isn't Disney, but it is a whole lot closer.
The best news is that DW and (S) were with me this weekend, and it is my last weekend in New Hampshire. Come Friday I go home to Maine for good!!! (S) is very excited that I am coming home and so am I!!!
Now, just to hear something positive from the court!
*


No comments:

Post a Comment