Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pixie Dust and Stars

*
Did you know that pixie dust can make you fly? Well that is the story anyway. But only if you believe it will and the belief lies in having "happy thoughts". Additionally, there is only one way to get pixie dust and that is from a bonafide "pixie". The most famous pixie of course, is Tinkerbelle.

OK. that is what they (again, the invisible "they" rear their ugly heads") want you to believe. I have a different belief. I think that when you have the pixie dust sprinkled on you, it can make your dreams come true, whatever they may be. In the case of (S) last month when we were at Disney, (If you hadn't figured it out yet, Disney is the theme here) she wanted to be and dreamed of being a real Princess. With a little pixie dust and a fairy godmother at the boutique, she indeed became a Princess. Just ask her. There is no doubt in her mind that she is a Princess, and I am not going to argue with her. It wouldn't do any good anyway.

Now, if you don't have any pixie dust, or ready access to a pixie to ask for some, you can always make a wish on a star. As Jiminy Cricket sang:

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you
If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do
Fate is kind
She brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of
Their secret longing
Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true
*
Since I don't have any pixie dust, and don't expect to run into any pixies any time soon, I am going to do my wishing on a star every night from now until my dream comes true. I think you all know what that wish is, but I can't say it, or it will keep it from coming true. I just hope the wishing on a star has jurisdiction over the Maine Court System.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment