Saturday, May 15, 2010

Absence Does Not Make the Heart Grow Fonder

(at least not in all cases)
*
It's Saturday so this must be......um.......New Hampshire. Yes, that's where I am today. New Hampshire. I have to keep telling myself so I remember where I am.

The one thing I do remember is I am not with DW and (S). I really do miss them. This has been a very long 6 months and I am glad it will all come to an end in a few weeks and I will be back where I belong. Not that I necessarily belong in Maine, but I do belong with DW and (S). I know they are looking forward to my return as well.


Someone said that old adage to me the other day. you know the one that goes "absence makes the heart grow fonder".

Most people believe that to be true. Well, it may be, but it certainly doesn't apply here. Now don't go thinking it makes love less. No way. Quite frankly, I just wasn't "fond" of DW and (S) when I left. I love them and miss them.

I was fond of my big screen tv and I will certainly appreciate it more when I return. I am even fond of having a big yard where (S) can play and I will be glad to get back there to play with her. All in all, I am fond of a lot of things. But all of you out there who have married with children know that you are never fond of your own spuse or children. You may be fond of other's children, but not your own.

I have decided that love is the superlative form of..........I don't know. Whatever it is. I guess only adjectives really have a comparative and superlative form. I guess love is a noun. That's what I am going to call it. Hey! Its my opinion (blog too) and it can be whatever I want. So.....Love is the superlative form of the noun and therefore can't be improved upon.

If you should see me and I tell you I am missing them, please don't tell me that "absence makes the heart grow fonder".

It doesn't apply.

*


1 comment:

  1. Duly noted! Absence just plain stinks.. but that's my humble, little opinion.. ;o)

    ReplyDelete