Monday, May 10, 2010

Tired and Still Waiting

*

Yesterday I celebrated Mother's Day in Maine with DW, (S), (K), (A), and her fiance. Then I traveled to New Hampshire and went to sleep. This morning at 3:00am I woke up and drove to Boston, MA. I then boarded an airplane and now find myself in Phoenix, AZ. I can't believe how much travelling I have been doing. I have not spent more than 4 days in a row in the same bed and have been essentially to 3 corners of the country. (Arizona, Maine, and Florida) in the last month. I just have to thank someone that I am not going to Washington State or Oregon any time soon.


I was told that (S) cried yesterday when I left. She has been crying a lot when I leave these days. I know it is hard on her. It is hard on all of us. I just hope in the long run, it turns out to be worth it as we had hoped. Only time will tell on that. Speaking of time.........

I wish the court would do something. I am sure you are just as tired hearing about it as I am talking about it, but this is ridiculous. These kids have been in the custody of the state for over 2 1/2 years and haven't seen their biological parents in ages (they didn't even show up in court for the TPR hearing). They all also have families willing to be their forever families.

There have been many times in the past I have been critical of the DHHS. There are times they certainly don't know what they are doing. There are times they do things that really make you wonder if they have any common sense. In reality though, while they may not use common sense all the time, I believe they always try to do things that are in the best interest of the children.

It doesn't appear as if the court works the same way. They have had this case long enough and it is time they render a decision and let these kids (and foster parents) get on with the business of being families!

Nuff said...
*

3 comments:

  1. The system can be mind numbing.. I wonder if they really take in to consideration how truly difficult it is for families in limbo.. sigh.

    Have you tried Skyping with DH and S? That might be a fun way for your ladies to chat with you while you're jetting around. If you're not familiar with it, drop me an email and I'll give you the low down.

    In the meantime, hang in there my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's ridiculous how long families have to wait. Hope things start speeding up very soon for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - I think 90% of the time caseworkers are doing the best they can. The courts on the other hand....drive me up the WALL!

    ReplyDelete