Wednesday, March 7, 2012

One of Those Wonderful Mornings!

*

I got up today and did the usual get washed, get dressed and get ready for work. When I was in the kitchen putting my morning banana in my briefcase and pouring my coffee to bring for the ride, I heard Shyanne calling from her bedroom. I poured my juice so I could take my pills and vitamins.

"Daddy!"... "Daddy!" I did not want to answer across the whole house as DW was still sleeping and if she managed to sleep through Shy yelling, then I wanted her to stay that way.

"Daddy?" I heard again, but this time it was more of a question. That was followed by the pitter-patter of little feet and then I saw Shy coming running into the kitchen. She grabbed me around the waist and looked up at me while I finished drinking my juice. Then she just said:

"kiss?" So naturally I gave her a kiss. Then she said:

"hug" so of course I was more than happy to give her a hug.

Then she asked me to bring her back to my room so she could get into bed with DW until it was time to get up for school. She grasped the index finger on my left hand and I led her into the bedroom. put her into bed. She asked for another hug, which she got.

She then told me to give DW another kiss goodbye, and I was off to work.

Between the coming to me and grabbing me around the waist, asking for hugs and kisses, and then grasping onto my finger as I lead her into the bedroom just make the day start off great. You can't ask for more love and caring from a little girl then what Shyanne gives at moments like that. No matter what happens during the course of the days, weeks and months, it is events like that, that make for absolutely wonderful mornings!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment