Friday, March 30, 2012

Getting Involved.

*
We received the e-mail yesterday. Shy has a T-Ball coach and the name of her team is "Grasshoppers". The shirts are really cool too. I am sure she will like them.

So next Saturday morning, bright and early at 7:00am we will be getting up to go to the T-Ball fields for a "field day". I think it may just be a clean-up day, but we will go anyway. In my previous life as a parent with my three biological children I was very involved in Little League. I was even league president for 4 years, so I want to be sure to be involved in everything I can with Shyanne, as long as I am able to.

So now she will continue with her Daisy Scouts on Mondays. Swimming on Wednesdays, and apparently T-Ball will be on Saturdays, or maybe during the week too. I think we will be getting our schedule when we go to the Field Day next Saturday.

Oh, did I mention DW is running the book fair at Shy's school next week. She gets involved too. Also, the principal of Shy's school resigned so they have set up a search committee for a new principal. It turns out, I am on that search committee as a parent volunteer. This is what we did when our biological children were growing up.

So, what is it my biological children are doing?....Well, Amy is an assistant to a dean at Husson University in Bangor, Maine. She will also be receiving her MBA on May 5th!! We will certainly be there for that. Amy is married and has 2 stepchildren. A boy and a girl. Kari is a teacher in East Millinocket, Maine. She teaches 2nd grade this year. She is married and has a little boy. Barry is a newscast director at a television station in Portland, Oregon. We are going out there in July to visit with him for a few days and really looking forward to it. He is not married.

I am not sure if our involvement in school and other activities helped out our three children, but I am so very proud of all three of them and where they are in their life now. As a result, I want to do make sure I do as much of the same for Shyanne. She certainly deserves just as much to have a rewarding and productive life.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment