Thursday, September 9, 2010

The School Bus Man

Day 1 of kindergarden (September 1) and (S) is more excited than I have ever seen her. She can't wait to get on the bus. At 7:30am she is ready to go to the end of the driveway to wait for the bus. Great! Except the bus isn't coming until 8:30....we wait and wait and then can wait no longer. At 8:15 we are at the end of the driveway looking down the street for the bus.




8:40....still waiting

8:45...still waiting

8:50....time to get in the car. School starts in 10 minutes

9:00 we arrive at the school. The bus man is standing at the door along with a woman I don't know. The woman proceeds to tell me I can't park my car where I did as the busses park there. I was not happy and I let her know that since there weren't any busses it wouldn't be a problem and whenever the bus didn't show up I would park my car there to make sure my daughter got into the school.

The School Bus man didn't seem to know where the busses were., DW had already brought (S) into the classroom and I followed to check things out. I wanted to see the new larger classroom and it was very nice. As is should have been to start with. (S) didn't want to leave us and held on tight to my leg. We tried puching her away but wre not being very successful. Finally her teacher came over and invited her in with a soft hand on her back. (S) walked into the classroom and DW and I took that as our cue to leave.

On the way out, I asked the bus man what time we could expect the bus to come tomorrow. He looked at me and said (I swear this is the truth) "the right time".....

I went to the superintendants office. I had a very nice chat with her and she was appalled when she heard what the bus man said. She assured me she would make sure all was taken care of. Since she had been so effective in taking care of the classroom, I let her handle it.

So far, the bus runs fine since then. More importantly, (S) gets on the bus with a smile every day, and gets off the bus with a smile every day. She really enjoys school and is having a great time.

As far as the adoption process goes.....we are hopeful we will be able to sign the actual adoption agreement next week. We do go to court for a 6 month review next week as well, and hopefully have our monthly visit from the CW next week. Things are still keeping us busy and life is good...what more can I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment