Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Boy on the Bus

*

Yesterday DW had to work early, so I had to come home from work to see (S) off on the bus to school. She is so excited to go to school every day that it is a fairly easy task. The most difficult part is that she wants to go wait for the bus about a half hour before it comes.

So, after putting off the inevitable as long as possible, we go to the end of the driveway to wait for the bus. As soon as she gets on the bus, I will be into my car and go back to work. So we are talking about school and she just keeps asking when the bus is coming. I keep saying I hear it and it is getting closer, but until she actually sees it rounding the bend down the street, she can talk about nothing e;se. She is obsessed with its impending arrival. At this point I am thinking her obsession is because she likes going to school so much.



So the bus stops, I get a big hug and a kiss goodbye (certainly makes the trip home to wait for the bus with her worth it. She is such a loving child, but thats a different post.) and she gets onto the bus.

I turn around to get into my car so I can get going to work and for some reason, I decided to turn around and make sure she is seated on the bus before the bus starts down the street. I have had a few issues with schools in the past, and I just want to make sure that (S) is safe the whole way.

So I turn around and there are only about 15 - 18 kids on the bus. This is a failry large bus so there are plenty of empty seats. There is one little boy about 1/2 way down the bus who is standing up and kind of jumping around. I wonder why he doesn't stay seated, but then (S) sees him and sits down next to him. Now I am hoping her obsession with the bus is because she likes going to school.

I asked her about theboy after school. His name is Joshua and it seems she sits with him every day going to school and coming home from school. It really is cute. (S) told me that he makes her laugh.

Just in case her obsession with the bus is not becasue she likes going to school, I am waiting to find out his last name so I can google him. I have to make sure you know. :)

*

No comments:

Post a Comment