Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Day at the Museum

This wasn't anywhere near as funny as Night at the Museum, but (S) and I had a wonderful time.

My lovely wife and (K) went looking for a wedding gown today. While they were gone, I took (S) to the children's museum. I AM EXHAUSTED!! She has to be one of the busiest girls I have ever met, and certainly the busiest 3 year old I have ever met. She was non-stop the entire time we were there. It was difficult to keep up with her. She seemed to like the little restaurant set-up they have where the kids can make believe they are running a restaurant. She was even playing well with the other kids that were there.

We went to lunch and then had to come home as it was her case worker's monthly visit today. She said that they need to make arrangements for (S) to be spending more time with mom and dad as they work out the reunification. She sees it as a slow process for (S) and said we will probably have her here for another 2 to 3 months. I was happy to hear that. I told her (S) was welcome here for 3 months or 3 years, whatever it took.

At one point we didn't even know if she would be here for Christmas, so we are glad she will be staying a little longer. We know we will miss her when she finally does go.

When we started down this road we didn't know if this was going to be the only foster child we had or not, and we have pretty much decided that there wioll be more after (S), but we are not going to rush her out of here. She does belong with her mom and dad, but we have grown to love her over the last year and when she goes........ well enough about that it just saddens me to think about it.

I think (K) did ok with the dress. It was $499.00 not counting the veil. I was figuring it would be around that somewhere but really hoping for the $59.95 special :). I can't wait to see her in the gown. I am sure she will look wonderful.

Well, just waiting for my wife to return and then it is ribs for dinner tonight. I love ribs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment