Monday, May 14, 2012

First Red Sox Game

*
Yesterday DW and I took Shy to her first Red Sox game at Fenway Park. Now it was a great event really for all three of us. Besides being Shy's first trip to Fenway, it was also Mother's Day. It goes without saying why that would be important. Lastly, the tickets were bought for me in April by my children as a birthday present.

So....everybody was celebrating something. Now, the good news is that it was a big win for the Red Sox. (12-1) They haven't been getting a lot of wins so far this year, so any win is a good one. Although they have three in a row at this writing.

The bad news is that I didn't see as much of the game as I normally do. I was spending more time (and money) watching and buying for Shyanne. She had a Hot Dog, PopCorn, Cotton Candy, Coke and Water and Lemonade inside the ball park. I also bought her a miniature pink bat and of course a pink baseball to go with it.

The best part once the Red Sox got the lead though was watching Shyanne enjoying the game. She was clapping along with cheers that other fans had started. She learned about the wave and watched very carefully for when it was our turn to participate.She also just sat there taking in the sights and sounds.

She loved singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" too. Although I don't quite get that one. I mean we were already at the ballgame. Why would we ask someone to take us there if we are already there.....and the part about never coming back is a bit much, don't you think? But anyway, I digress. so she liked that and if you haven't been to Fenway Park before there is always the rendition of "Sweet Caroline" that is played in the middle of the 8th inning that Shyanne seemed truly amazed by.

So, while the Red Sox did some great things offensively, and I am sure made some good plays defensively as well, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia had a 5 RBI day, the best part of the day for me was watching Shyanne. It was just as much fun as watching Amy Barry and Kari at their first games at Fenway Park. And while they are all memorable to me, my most memorable one is my first game that my grandfather took me to when I was a whole lot younger than I am now. I hope this game will always be a good memory for Shyanne.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment