Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Off Topic?????

*
Maybe, but I think not.....

After all, while this may be a blog about foster care and the journey DW and I have been on since December, 2007, it is really about more than that.......It is about family.......

So, our lovely daughter (K) and her husband have made DW and I grandparents for the first time. That's right!!! We are now grandparents.......Papa, and Grandma to be exact. We are both very excited. as I have mentioned often in the past, we are building our family exponentially, and this is the first step in that process. The baby is a boy. (L) as he will be referred to here.

He was born yesterday afternoon at 4:58pm. He was 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long. He looks like his father, but with a little luck he has plenty of time to grow out of it. He is adorable, and being a papa is absolutely wonderful. I have asked (K) many times in the last 18 hours whether or not he has asked for me, but the answer has always been no. Maybe soon.

Anyway, (S) has informed DW that it is far more exciting and surprising to become an Aunt then it is to become a Grandma or Papa. If you don't mind, I will silently disagree with her. I have been an Uncle many times over. This Papa deal is far better!

That's enough about this. Trust me when I say we are all very happy and excited......... We had our first meeting with the caseworker to sign adoption papers and I will make that the next blog entry, but right now, I am off to be Papa.

*

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a Grandfather! And also on finally getting to sign adoption paperwork (yay!), glad the caseworker kept the appointment this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You will find it great fun, and when it's not you can send them home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A DOUBLE WHAMMY of wonderful news!! Horray and congratulations!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandkids playing with their aunt?? sounds like our house.

    ReplyDelete