Monday, December 12, 2011

No Title

*
Most of the time I make a blog entry, I have an idea of a topic and I come up with the title and then make my blog entry. Today, however is one of those days that I can't yet come up with a title and am going to have to write the blog and see what the title should be at the end.

Yesterday we picked up Shy at Sunday School and her teacher cam over to tell us how wonderful Shy had been doing. She said that Shy has really come out of her shell and is doing wonderfully. When we got home, she showed us what she had done, and both DW and I were very impressed with her work.

This pretty much mirrors what has been happening in school. She seems to have taken off. While she still likes us to read to her, she is often asking if she can read to us. She gets better and better every day. Her writing is also progressing wonderfully. Her and I are writing a book together. We take turns writing pages. It is about a day her and I are spending together. I don't expect it to make the best seller list, but we are having fun with it. I am thinking that it won't be long before she has her own blog.

She has already been told she will have to keep a journal when we go on our trip in February as she will be missing 4 days of school. Who knows, maybe it won't be long before she has a blog of her own. I think it would be great for her, but she has to learn to spell a little better first. Her spelling would baffle even the most advanced spellchecker at this point.

Anyway, the bottom line is that something has happened that has just caused her to seem so much more confident in herself. She is almost like a different little girl, but in a good way. I don't know if moving up her reading group in school had anything to do with it, or what, but we are so happy and so proud of what she is accomplishing, that I just had to mention it here.

So, I still don't have a title. It seems I use the "proud" in titles way too often, although I can't say enough how proud we are of her. Maybe just "Progress" should be the title? No, that doesn't seem to tell the story. I wish I could remember what I learned in school about coming up with titles, but I can't.

Well, you all already know what the title is by the time you get to this point in the entry, so I guess you will have to tell me what I came up with. In the meantime, tonight is the Holiday Concert at school and we are looking forward to Shy singing with her class.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment