Wednesday, June 30, 2010

National Adoption Day

*

Another Tuesday passes and still no word from the courts.

I have set a goal. I have no control over this goal, but have set it none-the-less. National Adoption Day will be on November 20th this year. This will be the 11th year that this day is celebrated. It always occurs on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I am hoping that it is celebrated in Maine and that the family courts actually open for that day as the goal is for us to adopt (S) on that day.

Yes, I know, it is up to the courts if that happens, and at the rate they are going, that could be a difficult goal, but we have to have something to look forward to, so mark your calenders as that is going to be "our" day....with a little luck.

You usually only hear about National Adoption Day in November, so here is a little info. National Adoption Day is a day when the nation celebrates adoption from foster care. If you are thinking about adopting, I would encourage you to look into adoption from foster care. I haven't taken any polls myself, or checked with all the states, but articles indicate there are over 500,000 children in foster care in the US and over 120,000 of them are waiting for "forever" famiies.

I know I write a lot here about how frustrating and painful the process has been, but don't let that deter you. I know in the end it will have all been worth it for both DW and I as well as for (S).

You can always get more information at your State's Department of Human Services, or Child Services, or whatever they call it in your neck of the woods, or you can check out http://www.nationaladoptionday.org/


*

No comments:

Post a Comment