Sunday, June 27, 2010

I wonder?

*
The phone rang at 2:30 this morning. It can never be good when a phone rings at that time of day. DW sleeps on the side of the bed where the phone is, or rather the phone is placed on the side of the bed where DW sleeps as it won't wake me up.

Last night I did wake up though and it turned out it was DHHS who had an emergency placement of a 15 month old boy. DW explained that we were unable to take him at this time. It got me wondering though as to what we could/would take in another such instance

The first thing we have to do I think is ask (S)' s therapist what she thinks as to what (S) can handle in terms of another child in the house. When (S) came to us, she came from a fmaily of 5 children and she was obviously not cared for very well. She has been the only child in the house since she came to us, and she is doing great. I have to wonder if another child in the house would create a problem for her. Luckily, we have an appointment with the therapist tomorrow.

Once we figure out what works for (S), I guess we have to figure out what works for us. The reason we got involved in foster care to begin with was for just those type of occurances where they need emergency care for a short period for a child in need. As it turns out we have never actually done that.

We thought that was what we were getting into with (S). She was only a few months older than that boy last night. I wonder what would have happened if we had not said yes to (S). I wonder will happen since we didn't say yes last night.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment