We got our newsletter from "Adoptive and Foster Families of Maine" today. On the back page are some little tidbits I thought worthy of sharing today:
1. It is amazing how quickly the kids learn to drive a car, yet are unable to understand the lawnmower, snow blower, or vacuum cleaner.
2. The real challenge in dealing with a five year old is that in no time at all you begin to sound like a five year old.
3. You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you were they came from and refuse to tell you where they are going.
4. Children are a great comfort to us in our old age, and they help us reach it faster too!
5. Little girls definition of conscience: Something that makes you tell your mother before your brother or sister does.
6. There are three ways to get something done: do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.
7. What you don't know takes a lot of explaining to children.
8. When you put faith, hope and love together, you can raise positive kids in a negative world.
I hope I didn't violate any copyrights by putting this here, but I thoiught it was worth noting. I hope you all have a great weekend. Tomorrow we are taking (S) to the beach! It is supposed to be a wonderful day so it should be fun.