Thursday, April 19, 2012

Vacation Week

*
This week has been vacation week for children in the Massachusetts schools, so Shyanne has been off all week. She is participating in a little cheer leading camp for two days this week, and the culmination is this afternoon when DW and I will go to watch the cheer her group of girls will have been working on. I am looking forward to it.

On Monday and Tuesday Kari, our formerly youngest daughter, was up to visit with our grandson and son-in-law. Shy thoroughly enjoyed that visit and when it was time to go, she wouldn't let go of Kari. She really does love her sisters and hates to be away from them. She will get to see them again in a couple of weeks when we go to Maine. We are also hoping she will get a chance to see her youngest biological brother while we are up for this trip.

Yesterday she played with the boy across the street. They are both in first grade and they play very well together, and love each other's company. I kind of wonder how long that will last. It is certainly convenient for them to enjoy playing together.

I remember having girls that were friends I could play with when I was that age. I remember that lasting up until about 3rd grade. After 3rd grade, I guess it was no longer "cool" to have girls as friends you played with. The girls had to play with the girls and the boys with the boys. Is it still that way? I wonder about that. What is it like for kids in this day and age? I am just happy that she plays outside. We don't allow her much time in the house when the weather is nice. All she does is want to watch TV and while we are not opposed to that, we don't want to over do it either.

So, I have digressed. My main point is that she has had a good vacation so far. There have been a couple of minor upsets through the course of the week, but nothing major. She has kept busy and she is really doing well. I hope this is a sign of moving onto a new stage of maturity. A new stage where she doesn't get too frustrated. A new stage where life becomes a little easier for all of us. It would be so nice.

Another indication....last night I was sitting watching TV after she went to bed. She came out of her room and I was about to say something when she looked at me and said: "I love you daddy". Then she turned around and went back to bed.

I live for those moments!!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment