Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving

*

I certainly have a lot to be thankful for this year. I don't even know where to begin. During the past year, I have started a new job, moved to Cape Cod, sold a house, bought a new house. I have been able to enjoy new pople and new places. My oldest daughter has a new home in Maine. My son will be starting a new job in Portland, Oregon next month, and all is going well for Shy.

What more could a person ask for. Our Thanksgiving was at my daughter's new house. She did it all herself and it was wonderful. The turkey was delicious, as was the stuffing, mashed potatoes, squash, and green bean casserole. she did a great job in a house they just moved into last month.

We got to stay there with them as well. It was a house that was bank owned and had been empty for quite a while. When they bought it last month it obviously needed a lot of TLC. Well, they have worked wonders on the house nad it looks great.

One of the best parts is that it lies right in front of some Conservation Land and over the weekend we were able to hike. We actually went over a rive and through the woods. We walked down by the river and strolled by a pond. It was a great hike and at the end Shy was quite tired.

Yesterday was the trip home to the Cape. It was a good trip too. While there were a lot of cars on the road, we didn't get slowed down at all, so it was an easy trip. There was of course a couple of things that came up from Shy that I have to tell you all about. She wanted to play a game where I would tell her what states I saw license plates from and she would write them down. You have probably heard that she is becoming a pretty good writer, and this was almost proven.

She read back her spelling of Massachusetts to me so I could tell her if she was right. She had M-A-S-S-A-C-H-U-S-U-Y. I told that it was excellent except that after last S it should be S-E-T-T-S.

To which she responded: "It's good enough. I know what I mean anyway. And considering the state and that she is in 1st grade. I think it was good enough too!!!

I hope everyone had as happy a Thanksgiving as we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment