Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Getting Better

*
Yesterday DW purchased our airline tickets for our February trip. We are going to Florida for a few days to visit with my mother and DW's father and to have the unveiling for my father's grave (a ceremony that dedicates the grave monument and gives an opportunity to again remember the deceased).

That will be the somewhat sad part of the trip. After the unveilng however, we are planning on boarding a cruise ship and setting sail for 8 days in the Caribbean. Now, I know our three odler children are a bit jealous about this as they have never been on a cruise. Shy on the other hand is quite excited about going on a big ship. She has no idea what to expect, but we have been tlaking it up and she is certainly excited.

When we told her yesterday that DW had purchased the airline tickets her first question was whether or not she was going to miss school. That wasn't the quesiton I expected, although I am not sure what I did expect. When I told her that she would miss 4 days of school for the whole trip, again, I got the unexpected. She was concerned about missing school!

That is good I suppose. She really does like school and she likes being with her friends. She seems to have made the adjustment to living here now. She does still need to see someone, and we are in the process of finding someone locally, although to no avail so far. All in all though, she is doing well and we are all adjusting to life on Cape Cod.

It really is a wonderful place with some really nice people, and in the words of Lennon/McCartney, I've got to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time"

It'll be really good on that cruise ship!!!

*

1 comment:

  1. And when are you planning on sending your 3 older children on one?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete