Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cape Cod

*
I am staying in military housing until I get totally settled, and I haven't had access to the internet except when at work and I have been way to busy to get on here when at work. I finally have some access so I figured I would pass along some of the trials and tribulations.

We have found a house that we want to buy and have begun the process. We supposedly have an agreement, but until I see the document signed by the seller, I will not be comfortable. I have called the real estate agent twice tonight and he hasn't called me back. In the meantime, DW and Shy were down here over the long weekend. They arrived Friday at about 11:00am and stayed until this morning.

This is really hard on Shy. She just doesn't understand it. She kept saying she missed home when she was down here, but then she didn't want to leave, and when they left this morning, she kept saying she wanted to go back because she missed me.

She was a real trooper this weekend too. She was well behaved throughout our 6 1/2 hour ordeal looking at houses on Saturday and she really enjoyed spending some time with the people I am working with now when she arrived on Friday. We did reward her with a doll because of her excellent behavior and while I know she appreciated it, she really doesn't understand the whole thing.

I know she will be fine when all is said and done, but it is very painful watching her kind of struggle with this whole concept of moving. I can't wait until it is all over and done with. She did have a great time at a water park on Sunday and at the beach on Monday, so hopefully when she finds out that will be the norm for us in the summer she will really enjoy it. I know she will like the fact that the summers will last longer hear then they do up in Maine, but I also know she will miss her 2 big sisters who live in Maine....and for the record, they will miss her too.

As far as the job goes.....I am working with some really wonderful people here. One of them is a former foster parent who fostered 26 different children and adopted one. The one that was adopted just returned from serving his country in Afghanistan. If there is one thing I have found, it is that people in general all have interesting stories if you are just willing to listen, and the people I am working with now are not only interesting, but very nice.

I already like it here. I know DW will like it here once we are setlled. I just hope it doesn't take too long for Shy to like it here.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment