Thursday, July 7, 2011

The House, The Home

*
Tomorrow I get to go home for a few days. It will be my last time in that house. I will certainly miss that house. It is a beautiful house in a beautiful neighborhood. More importantly,l it is the house that helped to bring us Shyanne.

I have to put that on the house. After all, had we stayed in our other house, it would not have passed all the requirements of DHHS without a lot of work. We probably would not have thought about doing Foster Care to begin with, and I would probably be retired now, or very soon.

But we have Shyanne. What could be better than that. I wouldn't trade that for anything. After all, the house is just a house. A building. An object constructed of wood and metal and other various objects. Nothing more, nothing less.

There are all kinds of quotes about what the difference is between a house and a home. But the one that Ilike the most is:

"A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams"

I don't know who said that, but I like it, and DW, Shy and I will be building our love and dreams at a new wonderful location on Cape Cod. Just a few more weeks and we will all be together in the new house. I can't believe how quick this is all happening. We don't even have time to think, it is just go go go.

It is our hope that we will have plenty of time with A, J, T, H, B, K, A2 and L in our new home and that they will also help us to build this new home.

*

2 comments:

  1. Hi there-
    I have been following you for a bit now, and wish you all the best on Cape Cod. Having spent Julys there all my childhood, I know how wonderful it can be. I now live in Maine and between the two experiences I don't think I could ever go back to being far from the ocean. I have enjoyed your blog and hope you will be able to keep it up. I too have grown children. I am currently fostering and can relate also to what it is like to be concerned about a angry bio parent. I hope Shyanne is young enough that she is not fearful as it is really sad when kids' memories make them fearful of someone who should love them. Good luck on the Cape! Hope you continue the blog!!
    Gail
    www.upbeatsanddownbeats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby is planning to retire next summer. He is burned out on teaching. We are saving like mad to pay off our home by then. Cape Cod sounds heavenly. It was106 here in Texas yesterday. Enjoy!
    -Penelope
    http://foster2forever.com

    ReplyDelete