Thursday, December 16, 2010

Foster Care

*
So.....

currently we are not fostering any children. It is not something DW and I have really talked about either. We don't have another bed right now, but have talked about getting a bunk bed for Shy. I guess if we did that, we could foster a girl. (they don't allow for mixed sex room mates over the age of 5.

We do have another room with a little "pack and play" in it that I suppose we could keep a baby in, but with DW working a lot of hours right now, it wouldn't be practical to have a baby in the house. So I guess we will have to wait and see how things go.

We have not told DHHS that we are not interested in fostering, but we have only got one call in like the last 2 1/2 years and we turned that one down. My guess is that we are not at the top of their list right now anyway.

If we do foster again, I know it would be short term, so I guess for right now, I will just say we are on hiatus from fostering and we are just moving along with our new forever daughter who we love and cherish. At this point, we can't imagine life without her.

For the time being this blog will concentrate on issues that come up around adoption. Adoption was never in our minds when I started this blog. It is amazing how life can take turns we never would have anticipated. Anyway, adoption, and of course stories about Shy and our life together will be our focus. That is until we get another foster placement.
When that will be is anybodys guess!
*

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your time with Shy! Sometimes losing foster siblings can be tough on little ones. Our3-year-old prayed for a baby we had for only 4 days over 2 months ago.

    ReplyDelete