Wednesday, November 24, 2010

THANKSGIVING

*
I expect to be busy with family tomorrow so I am doing my Thanksgiving post early. I hope you don't mind.

Last Thanksgiving we were looking for a decision from a judge that would finally terminate the parental rights of Shyanne's mother and father. It didn't come in time for Holiday, but it did eventually come.


We had 19 for thanksgiving last year. This year there are only going to be 10 of us. Amy, her husband and our two bonus grandchildren. Kari will be coming with her husband and our new grandson. Then it will be DW, myself, and Shyanne.


I can't tell you how thankful we will all be this year. In the last year Amy was married to a wonderful man who brought along those two bonus grandchildren who we truly adore. Kari and her husband gave us a wonderful new grandson. He is 3 months old now and is doing great. And of course, just last week Shyanne became a "forever" part of our family.


In our house we have always believed that Thanksgiving was all about family and being thankful. How much more perfect could this holiday be for us at this time. I feel truly blessed. I grew up in a wonderful home where I was always taught that family came first and am still lucky enough to have both my father and mother as well as my only sibling (an older sister) still with us. I married my high school sweetheart. We were blessed with three wonderful biological children who make us proud every day of their life. They have blessed us with three wonderful grandhildren, and as if we weren't blessed enough......


Shyanne has joined our family.


I don't know what I did to deserve to be blessed this way, but I wish I knew so I could pass it along. It is truly a wonderful feeling. More improtantly,


I love and cherish every one of them..........Life is Good!
*

No comments:

Post a Comment