Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Talking

*
I don't know if going to Forever Families Camp got Shyanne thinking about this particular issue or not, but I suspect it did.

During her play therapy yesterday she was playing with a number of dolls. They were all in a car and there were five of them. (there were 5 children in Shyanne's biological family) There was another car as well. One of the cars had a husband and wife and one of the cars had a boyfriend and girlfriend.

As it turns out, one of the cars the parents kept fighting a lot and weren't able to take care of their children properly so the children were taken away and given to a family that could take care of them. At 6 years old, I think that is sufficient explanation for her at this point, although as she gets older, I am sure there will be more pieces that will come out from us, brothers, and her own memory.

I am not sure what all of this means in the overall scheme of Shyanne dealing with her past, or if it is even important from a standpoint of the event of her family being separated. I don't know if it is important that we dwell on that or not. I don't know if we should even really care about that part of it. I mean the actual event itself.

What I do know is important is that Shyanne is talking about it in at least some way with her therapist. I am really happy about that. I think it is extremely important for her to talk about it with someone she trusts as much as possible so that when issues do arise she is able to deal with them and knows how to handle them. She is a truly remarkable and incredible child. We are so lucky to have her in our life.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment