Thursday, January 13, 2011

Forever Means Forever!!!

*

That's easy for me to say, but hard for Shyanne to understand. Even though it has been over 3 years since DHHS removed her from her biological home and she was only 2 years old at the time, she still has moments when apparently something inside of her causes her concern that either I or DW will not return to her.

About 2 weeks ago, she came into our bedroom after I had gone to work (which is always the case) and she started crying and was all upset that I wasn't there. DW had to assure her that I would be home after work, but at the moment, she was very upset.

Last week when I got a call that I needed to travel to Florida as my father's health condition was not looking good, she was sure I wasn't going to return. I spoke to her every day and she talked to me on the phone, but she still was very upset that I was gone.

There is a bright side however.........

I got home very late Tuesday night. When she got up Wednesday morning, she jumped on me and gave me the biggest hug and kiss and had the greatest smile on her face. That one moment made all the heartache and concern about her from the last week melt away instantly.

I really do love her. I just wish I could make her understand that always, no materr what, I will be with her........forever means forever.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment